Assistive Device Exchange Program
Assistive Device Exchange Program (ADEP) is an online database where persons may list assistive devices for donation, OR where they may find used assistive devices they need. This site provides an opportunity for those in need to access assistive devices no longer needed by others. There is no charge for using this service and all items are donated free of charge.
Update: PICKUP PENDING
RotaBed Rotating Chair Bed
Generously donated by Rasa Movahed in her Dad’s honor. Thank You!
Contact: CCF Email (Pickup Pending)
Located in Newcastle, Ontario
Sunrise Medical Quickie SR45 18x18 Wheelchair
Tilt, air seat with pump, full support back and much more!
See below photo for all features.
Generously donated by Tammy Dwyer in her mom's honor. Thank You!
Contact: Tammy Dwyer firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in Brampton, Ontario
I live in Hamilton Ontario and my husband Jim only used his wheelchair for 9 months. It has a tilt headrest and the back tilts back. It has an air cushion and feet and leg rests. All I want to do is give back to someone with PSP who can use it.
Generously donated by January Bailey Will in honor of her Husband. Thank You!
Contact: January Bailey Will email@example.com
Located in Hamilton, Ontario
*Program rules and regulations:
Users listing assistive devices through the ADEP site:
- Agree to provide accurate and detailed information about the equipment/device specifications and condition to any recipient of donated items.
- Confirm that they have the exchange or donate the equipment.
- Commit to properly cleaning and sanitizing the equipment/device (s) prior to posting. This is particularly true for equipment/device (s) with hygiene related concerns, e.g.: shower transfer seats, commode chairs, toilet safety frames, etc.
- Acknowledge that listings or postings on the ADEP must be refreshed or renewed every 90 days. If the listing has not been updated, it is subject to removal by our program staff.
- Understand that the user’s personal contact information email or phone number must be provided.
- Accept responsibility for being vigilant about their personal safety and well being when making equipment exchanges.
- By using this site you are agreeing to these terms and agree to hold harmless the Coleen Cunningham Foundation and affiliates (CCF) should you experience a problem with any transaction arising from the ADEP.
- Acknowledge that equipment/items obtained from the ADEP will most likely be “as is” with no warranties unless otherwise indicated or offered by the Donor. The recipient of the item will be responsible for all future repairs and/or maintenance to the item/piece of equipment in the absence of additional warranties.
- Agrees to assume responsibility for being knowledgeable and informed about the assistive device they are obtaining via the ADEP.
- Understands that it is important to involve or use a Rehabilitation Professional such as an Occupational or Physical Therapist, Speech & Language Therapist or Rehabilitation Engineer to assist with the selection and/or acquisition of any form of assistive devices whenever possible.
- Acknowledges that the donator of the equipment/device may not properly clean and sanitize the equipment/device prior to the exchange, and agrees to fully clean and sanitize any piece of equipment/device obtained via the ADEP prior to usage. This is particularly true for equipment/device (s) with hygiene related concerns, e.g.: shower transfer seats, commode chairs, toilet safety frames, etc.
- Accepts responsibility for being vigilant about their personal safety and well beingwhen making equipment exchanges.
- By using this site you are agreeing to these terms and agree to hold harmless the Coleen Cunningham Foundation should you experience a problem with any transaction arising from the ADEP.
- Declines to be involved in financial transactions or issues regarding shipping or transporting of items between donators or recipients.
- Does not profit in any fashion from the donation or exchange equipment/device (s) listed on the ADEP.
- Does not warranty the condition or control the terms of sale of any piece of equipment/device listed on the ADEP.
- Reserves the right to edit or refuse listings on the ADEP based on the item description and condition, and remove listings that have not been renewed after ninety (90) days.
- Prohibits ads for medical equipment/devices such as: ventilators, nebulizers, CPAP machines and supplies, catheters, oxygen equipment/concentrators, blood glucose meters, hearing aids, eye glasses and prosthetic and/or orthotic devices. Items such as these should only be dispensed under the supervision and guidance of a licensed practitioner.
- Maintains user’s personal contact information for program use only. The ADEP will never sell or market any of your personal information for any reason to any outside parties or organizations. The ADEP makes every effort to protect and secure your personal information.
- Makes every effort to ensure that assistive technology listed on the ADEP site are not on a current medical device recall list.
- ADEP shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses (including but not limited to settlements, judgments, court costs and reasonable attorney's fees) fines and penalties, arising out of any actual or alleged injury, loss, or damage of any nature whatsoever in connection with the use of any device donated under the ADEP. By accepting these terms, you agree to hold harmless the CCF should you experience a problem with any transaction arising from the use of the ADEP.