Clinical trials are research studies aiming to evaluate new interventions like drugs or medical devices. They're crucial in advancing our understanding and treatment of various health conditions, including PSP.
ClinicalTrials.gov is a database of privately and publicly funded clinical studies conducted worldwide. It provides details about a trial's purpose, participant eligibility, locations, and contact details.
To find ongoing PSP clinical trials currently accepting enrolment:
1. Visit ClinicalTrials.gov.
2. Type "Progressive Supranuclear Palsy" in the search bar.
3. Use the "Filters" section to select recruitment status options: "Recruiting", "Not yet recruiting", "Available for expanded access", and "Unknown status".
4. Click on a study title of interest to view detailed information.
5. If interested in participating, contact the trial coordinators listed and discuss with your healthcare provider.
Here's a direct link to the search results with the filters applied for PSP trials that are currently enrolling participants in Canada
While participation in clinical trials can offer access to potential treatments and contribute to valuable research, it's essential to understand it also carries risks. Always consult with your healthcare provider before making a decision to join a trial.