We found a great product we had to share with you all!!
The RiJe® Dysphagia Cup is a drinking aid designed to improve hydration and increase independence.
Designed with the help of Speech Language Pathologist and Occupational Therapists, the RiJe Cup assists with safe swallowing of liquids promotes rehabilitation and independence.
The RiJe Cup is the only assistive drinking device that works with thin and nectar-thick liquids IDDSI Levels 0, 1 and 2.
- Automatically dispenses a set amount of thin and nectar-thickened liquids to promote safe small swallows.
- Can be adjusted to dispense 3 to 15 milliliters of the liquids to arrive at the most satisfying sip amount.
- Delivers one sip at a time through a straw from the cup’s rim.
- The nosey cup design allows the user’s chin in a neutral position.
- Ergonomic handles are built with comfort in mind.
- Does Not Leak.
- It is built to withstand accidental drops and to prevent spillage of entire content.
- Dishwasher safe, non-latex, and non-BPA.
What liquids RiJe® Cup can be used with:
Cold and hot, thin and nectar-thickened liquids such as water, tea, coffee, apple juice, no-pulp orange, tomato juices, milk, drinkable yogurt, hot chocolate, Boost®, Ensure®, and many others.
Why RiJe® Cup is beneficial? The cup versatile design combines all important features to meet needs of users with disability:
- It controls liquid flow preventing overflowing the mouth and gulping, thus reducing the risk of choking and liquid aspiration.
- It allows easy switching between thin and thick liquids following the advice of Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and other medical professional;
- It forms and dispenses personalized liquid boluses allowing the user to better control liquid in the mouth, thus supporting safer and easier swallowing;
- It allows the user to choose between drinking through a straw or directly from the cup with cut-out top.
Why adjustable volume is important:
- It allows to create an individually tailored sip amount thereby supporting thirst satisfaction and improving hydration;
- It allows to easily increase or decrease the swallow amount according to an advice of SLP or OT
- It serves the user longer by supporting the user at different stages of a disorder whether it is a rehabilitation or degenerative condition.
For whom RiJe® Cup is designed:
For those who suffer with dysphagia, motor disabilities, developmental delay, dementia and, other ailments including stroke, Parkinson’s, PSP, MSA, CBD, ALS, MLS, Cerebral Palsy, head, neck and chest cancer and injury.
How It Works:
RiJe Cup automatically dispenses a limited portion of liquid each time it stands in its upright position. Once the portion is withdrawn and the cup put upright – it delivers another portion within 2 - 3 seconds. Built-in regulator allows adjusting portion size before the cup is filled with liquid.
It is important that you consult with your medical professional (e.g., physician, SLP, OT) prior to buying RiJe Dysphagia Cup.